Thursday, June 23, 2011

Copic Storage

Hi everyone. Hope you have all had a fab week.  With the winter chill setting in I find myself inside quite a bit trying to stay warm.  We are certainly having a REAL feel of winter this year (we don't normally have very cold weather on the Gold Coast).  So this being the case I am organising my little studio to have things more "close at hand".  My copics was starting to do my head in so I came up with this wonderful idea and just had to convince my other half to help me with bringing it all together.  As all of you know, storage can become quite expensive, so I wanted something to accommodate my current collection and allow room for additional purchases, without braking the bank.  So here is my fantastic solution.

Poly pipe from the hardware store!


I just purchased a couple of the shorter lengths (easier to manage) and cut into lengths of 15cm using a drop saw. I then sanded all the rough edges (using the drop saw left hardly any at all) then used liquid nails to glue the pieces together.  I can always add on at a later time if need be. Obviously the size poly pipe is that which would be suitable as a down pipe.
As you can see it accommodates a lot of markers and doesn't take up much room on your desk.  I was absolutely rapt with the end result and who would have thought it would cost sooooo little.  So if your thinking of storage solutions for your crafting schtuffff it is well worth just looking around your home for ideas outside of the box.
Well that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed my storage idea and thanx for stopping by.
Ciao for now
Kaz x

No comments:

Post a Comment