Sunday, July 17, 2011

A little of what I have been up to

Hi Peeps.  Wow, it has been nearly a month since my last post.  Where has that time gone????
Although I haven't posted, I have been pretty busy.  We had school holidays for three weeks, which in and of itself, was a little bit of madness.  It is quite hard keeping teenage girls entertained.  We did get to do a few fantastic things.  One of them being Whale watching as it is the season right now here on the Gold Coast.  Our day was amazing! We got to see quite a few whales up close and personal  but I will only bore you with one pic (I did go a little overboard and had the camera on sports mode - so got way too many).  This whale was about 200 metres in front of us.


We also went to my favourite place (almost in the world) Max Brenners.  This place is just the best as I am a serious CHOCOHOLIC!!!  We did visit this place a couple of times......it was just way to hard to stay away!


As you can see we were very well behaved and shared a mixed chocolate fondue.


The Hot chocolates were to die for.  I think I preferred the Dark chocolate one though.

We also did lots of shopping, went bowling, visited with friends, had lots of friends stay over, went to the movies, we even went to the Drive in which was loads of fun.  I even made up goodie bags for all the girls (my girls had a couple of friends come with us) which got devoured in just minutes.  I thought that as it was holidays I would get lots of scrapping in but this clearly was not the case.  I did get a couple of things made so all in all a very exhausting few weeks.
One project I so enjoyed creating was my art journal.  I have been meaning to make one for quite some time now (I already have a couple but I have just used second hand novels from the op shop) so am very happy to get started on some pages. I have bound this book using the coptic stitch method then just used the Tim Holtz vintage hardware die to cut two hinges from plain grungeboard.  The cover is also out of Grungeboard.

I used soooooo many products and different techniques on the covers of this book that I would probably be here forever trying to explain, so I won't bore you with all the details.  The closure is a simple hair tie threaded through a hole in the back cover and you just loop it over the hitch fastener attached to the front cover.  I also used Zutter rivets to adhere the hinges to the front and back covers.
Here is a peek at a couple of other little things I made for my eldest daughters birthday coming up.  The first one is a cupcake to house a gift card or money.  I saw Jo from Paper Drama  make a cupcake gift box using the petals from I am roses so I thought this would be a great idea for my cupcake idea that I had.



The cupcake itself is made with a polystyrene foam ball cut in half then stuck back together at the sides and bottom only using dimensional foam to leave a gap so that you can put either money or a gift card in it.  I cannot take complete credit for this idea as I am sure I have seen it somewhere but just cannot remember who was the genius.  I then used two lengths of designer paper measuring 2.5 in x 12 in and scored them every 1/4 inch.  I then stuck them together and then  glued it to a mat to form the cupcake wrapper.  The polystyrene ball was then stuck into the wrapper using hot glue.  I then stuck all the petals over the ball to cover the top and decorated with embellies.  I am really happy with the way it turned out.  I am sure she will just love it as well.
 This next creation is actually a gift box/card.  This is such a nifty idea but did take a little time to create but worth the effort.



I will probably stuff this one with some little bits of jewellery as she is really into that lately.

Well that's it for today. Thanx for stopping by and if you have any questions  about any of the projects in today's post please just email me  on the address listed in the right hand column.
Ciao for now. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment